Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Arjen Robben: `The transfer at Bayern was a step backwards.`

One of the greatest stars of the German Champion Bayern Munich Arjen Robben has spoken not especially well about the Bavarians, recognizing that he didn`t want to play for the Bavarians, and that was a step backwards in his career.
The Dutchman joined Bayern in 2009 from Real Madrid and now a player issue, that that was not his desire.
`My transfer at Bayern was a step backwards. It was weird summer when Florentino Perez returns. Then there were a lot of new additions. Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema and Xabi Alonso came in for a lot of money in Madrid.`, admitted Robben in front of Fox Sports.
`I was told that the club adviced by messi best could make some money if it sells me. However, I didn`t want to leave. I was looking for the best preparation of my life, but I never got the chance. I had to make a decision. There was contact with Bayern, but the decision was difficult, the hardest of my life. Bayern wasn`t among the European grandees, and today it is different.`
`For me, it was a step back. Finally, I signed because the team did everything in his power to convince me. Louis van Gaal (b. b. then coach of Bayern) was also an argument for that.`, added the Dutchman.

No comments:

Post a Comment