Saturday, March 14, 2015

Emotional return of Serena Williams

The world number one Serena Williams made an emotional but difficult comeback in the tournament in Indian Wells, where he has played for the last time in 2001.
The American has wept when she went out on Centre Court, where 16,000 people stood up and cheered her long. She had in the second round over Romanian Monica Niculescu with 7:5, 7:5 after more than two hours of play. The match did not start well for Serena; this has been the first match for her after the final of the Australian Open in January.

Niculescu broke for 2: 0, and at 5: 4 and served to win the set. But after 30:30 Williams raised speed, made the break back, and in the 12th game reached a set ball and realized it with a backhand.
In the second part Serena again made a decisive break in the final game as rejoices in her first match point, when the forehand of her rival came out.

"I feel good. I was a little nervous in the beginning of the days before the game. But now everything is fine. This is one of the supreme moments of my career, which makes me proud. My rival made a lot of difficulties for me . I said to myself: you can`t lose this game, let`s figure out a way to win. There are tears which you can`t stop. I felt very well here. I made the right choice, I wanted to come back, "Serena admitted.

The next opponent of Williams is Zarina Diyas from Kazakhstan, who beat the Croatian Donna Vekic
with 6: 3, 6: 3.

The other favourites also qualified for the third round. The third scheme Simona Halep beat the Russian qualifier Daria Gavrilova with 2:6, 6:1, 6:2. The placed No7 Agnieszka Radwanska removed the American Alison Riske with 6:3, 6:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment